Our School Day:
The School Day from September
The Government has rightly set a standard for all schools to have 32.5 hours in every school week. To fully achieve this, pupils need to be in school from 8.30am.
• School gates and doors will open at 8.30am for all year groups.
• All children will be expected to be in their classroom by 8.45am.
• The register will be taken at 8.55am and will remain open for 15 minutes.
• Pupils arriving after 8.55am but before 9.10am will be marked as late before the register closed.
• Pupils not in school by 9.10am will be recorded as absent.
• Mrs Concannon will contact parents regarding any punctuality or attendance concerns.
• Our attendance target will continue to be 96% of the school year.
• 96% means missing no more than 7 school days no matter what the reasons are. To ensure children receive the best possible education, punctuality and good attendance are both vital.
Lunch times will continue as normal with Key stage two 12:15pm-1pm and Key stage one 12:00pm-1pm.
Thank you for your support in ensuring your children are at school on time and attend school every day unless illness prevents them.
Please find the updated Attendance Policy below.