Values and Ethos
Every child, parent, governor and member of the school community is unique in self, unique in qualities to offer. All aspects of our School, the relationships, the curriculum, the policies, the aims and objectives, the pastoral care and discipline have the potential to speak of God's presence in our lives helping us to unlock our potential. The purpose of a Catholic school is to jointly ‘hand on the faith' in partnership with home and parish. The faith journey is begun by parents at Baptism and our aim is to support each child in their journey of faith, working alongside parents, the first educators of the children.
The aims of our school embrace our vision and values for the community of St Mary’s
- Where every member of the school community is valued and encouraged to develop their God-given potential.
- Where a worshipping community nurtures and supports each child in their journey of faith.
- Where school, home and parish work in partnership.
- Where every child matters.
- Where every child has the opportunity to become a thinker, leader, organiser, communicator, explorer, creator, inventor, performer and artist.
- Where the line between learning and fun is invisible.
- Where every child is encouraged to be a successful learner, confident individual and a responsible citizen.
- Where friendships are made forever.
- Where children build skills for learning and life.